Skyscanner, momondo - How to use it? Is it worth it?

4:39 PM

Hi my beautiful people.

In the previous posts about how to find cheap flights I was mentioning couple of myths you should be aware of while looking for your dream holiday. In today's post I would like to introduce you to the biggest searching engines for the best (or not!) travel deals.


Skyscanner
That website is super easy to use, clear and simple

On the main website we can choose from three options: flights, hotels and car hire. Obviously, we are interested in the first tab. Start searching from the closest airport you are to and pick up destination you are interested in (or choose option: Everywhere!). You have an option to pick up dates range, months, days, one way flight - you name it - it's there.

Website is automatically searching the best deals for you. It always looks so tempting for me, please keep in mind the prices are shown for return flights per person and it is so called ,,starting off" so you might as well pick up what are you interested in and it will move on to the next page.

Now, I chose Poland for an example and - people!!! - did you know there's Eiffel tower in Rzeszów?! (I'm just messing but this miniature might be confusing for some people). Pick up your city and move on to the next page.

Grab the deal
Here is where the magic happens. You can adjust your flight to your needs and budget and the way you like it. Any further steps will introduce you to couple of flying options but those options are only from different airline providers and prices are all ,,starting off'' and officially don't include any extra luggage or extra options (unless you book on third-party website and it might be included in your ticket price.)

That's why it's so important to read small print. On the other websites you might be introduced to couple of websites where the airline's website seems to have the cheap tickets but remember, this website will show you only the price for the ticket itself, so it is worth it for you to check also third-party websites even if they seem to be slightly more expensive as they might include few extra bits in their offer with the ticket. Skyscanner here is very limited, especially for long-distance flights.



Momondo
I like momondo a lot, It has something that makes me visit this website very often, I like to compare my searching from skyscanner with this beauty, especially when I fly outside Europe or I am looking for cheaper connected flights. Website might look a bit more advanced than skyscanner but it's still pretty clear to use if you follow instructions.
As you can see the website is offering similar options like the previous one, even have a possibility of trying to get a multi-trip and pricing for these. Not long time ago momondo added an option to fly ,,everywhere'' as well as skyscanner which became much easier to use than before as you might only take a look at the pricing and it doesn't take that much time. If you are not sure where would you like to fly because you are not limited to any particular place in the world, you'd might like to click ,,Discover".


I really like the way how it is displayed to you. You might start dreaming about destinations you weren't expect you can afford. Please bear in mind I chose the option Summer 2019 so very far in the time but you can also select any time that suits you.
As momondo seem to be a little bit more advanced than skyscanner, it doesn't show you the direct airline's pricing always but also third-party if it's better value for you money.
So here you have a picture of how it looks like when you finally make up your mind. I think it's great. As you can see the provider of the that flight option is Travelgenio and after moving on to their page I have found that my baggage is included in price, that the connection flight is in Heathrow and that I'll be flying with Virgin Atlantic. Bargain?!

Let's not forget this is only the first option that popped up in my searching. There is so many options and variations you can search through and find yourself a complete, personalized option for a flight.

Is it worth it?
Simple. Yes, it is. It is more creative than using airline's website, it gives you bigger image of the whole trip, gives you options to personalize your experience as much as possible and often it becomes cheaper. Not mentioning freebies I wrote about above.


If you were struggling to use those website before I hope after this article it became more clear and easy for you so you can turn on the page with full confidence and book your holiday fully by yourself and be proud :) If you still finding anything troublesome just let me know and we will make it clear together!


P.s. I am aware there is plenty other searching engines on the Internet but personally I'm not using them at all. I don't find them any cheaper, they have a lot of ads popping out (even though I'm using AdBlock on all my devices) and I don't have a nice experience at all. Those two guys above I can fully recommend and I could suggest to everybody.
So..

Where do you travel next? 


- Mags

You Might Also Like

0 comments