3 day Phuket itinerary 2018, Thailand series

11:50 AM

Hi my beauties!

I can't bring to the memory all my itineraries that I have made myself (It was a lot..) but I will try to bring them back from ashes and preset you my very own list of things I will be visiting one by one. I am very organized person and I like to have everything planned. If you prefer to just go and nail it, maybe this post will give you an idea at least, what would you like to see and what you can skip on.

Karl S


Arriving in the evening
After such a long flight from Europe probably the only thing you would dream about now is to get to your hotel and take a proper rest. However, evening when you drop the luggage and excitement for being there might won't let you sleep just yet. Use that evening to find a good place to eat (TripAdvisor or lucky choice) or relax at the beach (if you are staying nearby).
Kailash Chandra

Arriving in the morning
For morning arrivals it's quite hard to stay full day up on their feet after very long flight. If it's early in the morning I suggest to take a nap at least before you start exploring, otherwise you or your partner (if you with one) might become cranky and the very first day might not become our the best experience. Relax, slow down, you are on holidays, couple of beautiful days ahead of you, let yourself a rest first. Around noon you can start exploring with a fresh mind. ;) Of course if you prefer jump into the ocean straight away that's not the worst idea, as you can have a little nap on the beach before the crowds kick in.

Sebastian Pichler

But let's get into details. My itinerary is based on rented car to move around but if you on budget or prefer other methods of travelling you can hitchhike (it's safe but I would say mainly other fellow travelers would give you a lift), you can rent a taxi to drive you around for the whole day, you can rent (much cheaper) quad or a motorbike (I'm scared of that in case of heavy rainfalls.. ya.. I know..) so there's plenty of options to move around.

Day 1 
This is the small car trip around the South coast through view points + Big Buddha, which is the most popular place in Phuket. So called must-see. P.s. Map is starting at the hotel I want to stay.
The whole journey with no stops takes around 2 hours (back to Karon included) so you have plenty of time o each stop to grab something to eat and to enjoy what is around you.
1) Karon View Point
2) Nai Harn Beach
3) Windmill View Point
4) Krom Luang Chumphon Monument and Promthep Cape
5) Rwai Beach
6) Big Buddha View Point
7) Back to the hotel to refresh
8) Patong Beach Nightlife

So the Day 1 includes exploring around but also authentic experience of Patong nightlife.



Day 2

As you can see the day 2 is a bit more challenging and includes the real gems around the island.
1) Rang Hill
2) Kathu Waterfall
3) Wat Sri Sunthon
4) Bang Pae Waterfall
5) Gibbon Rehabilitation Centre
6) Banana Beach
7) Karon Beach
The car journey with no stops is about 2 hours with something, incredible views and experience.

You might be wondering why I don't have any elephants rides or zoo, well, it's always nice to see them I just have my own opinion about riding animals of any kind (Once I was riding a donkey and I felt terrible..) So I would rather try to avoid this kind of ,,entertainment" - I believe there is so much to see - like Gibbon rehabilitation centre that you can see those majestic animals without supporting people who use animals to make money.



Day 3

Day 3 is the most intensive and the last day in Phuket before I head to Phi Phi islands. I have read a lot about Ao Phang-nga National Park and I was searching through, finding only unsatisfying me trips called ,,James Bond Island tour" or similar. Fortunately I have found couple of traveler's blog who advice to go to National Park by yourself and get a longtail boat from there to experience it very personally. And of course, I don't mind :)
1) Ao Phang-nga Bay (It's recommended to leave very early to avoid crowds and tours, plus it takes a bit to get there from Karon Beach)
2) Phung Chang Cave
3) Wat Suwan Khuha
4) Sa Nang Mamora Waterfall
5) Khao Lak-Lam Ru National Park (drive thru)
6) Sarasin Bridge
7) Karon

The key of this trip is to leave super early to enjoy the most of it. Probably on your way back it will start getting dark but It's totally worth it to go a bit off the regular Phuket itinerary as there is so much to see and not that far from where you are. Then I head to Phi Phi Islands...
Oliver Sjostrom


Every google map above has a stop with names mentioned in the post, when you click at it, all necessary information and pictures popping out so I won't be copying and pasting it here. I will only update this post of pictures from all those places I'm about to visit.


P.S. I know there is no Phuket town mentioned in the itinerary and some of you might think it's a must-see while there. Well, I will be driving through on my way to see the Buddha and the plan is, if it's still not too late to stop in town before I head back to the hotel in Karon. However it is not so necessary for me to visit as I much more prefer nature environment (Even though I know there's plenty of tourists everywhere). Still, if you would like to visit Phuket Town, do it after peak times where the traffic might be crazy and you might have a problem to find a spot to park.



Don't forget to like my FanPage on FB https://www.facebook.com/gosiekth
I am very close to organize a great giveaway from Thailand, so like to page to be in a chance of winning!

-Mags

You Might Also Like

0 comments